I am an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department with the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. I am also a member of the Societal Computing Program, and I am an affiliated member of the Machine Learning Department, the Robotics Institute, and the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.
My work focuses on machine learning, optimization, and control. I work on core algorithmic methods as well as applications, focusing specifically on application in smart energy and sustainability domains.
- 2/17: Po-wei Wang presents Polynomial optimization methods for matrix factorization at AAAI 2017.
- 12/16: Alnur Ali presents The Multiple Quantile Graphical Model at NIPS 2016 main conference.
- 12/16: Brandon Amos presents work on input convex neural networks for reinforcement learning at NIPS 2016 workshop on deep reinforcement learning.
- 12/16: Po-wei Wang presents work on the mixing method for fast MAXCUT-SDP solutions at NIPS 2016 workshop on Learning in high dimensions with structure.
- 11/16: Received DARPA SAGA seed project to investigate fast methods for stochastic programming.
- 9/16: Our preprint Input Convex Neural Networks is available on Arxiv.
- 8/16: Received DARPA RADICS award (with NRECA) to develop machine learning approaches to cybersecurity in electrical grid networks.
- 7/16: Xiao Zhang presents Model Predictive Control of Industrial Loads and Energy Storage for Demand Response, recipient of best paper award, at PES General meeting.
- The beginning of time (or this redesigned website, rather).